学位英语考前模拟题：It's ten years since the scientist _____ on his life's work of discovering the valuable chemical.
It's ten years since the scientist _____ on his life's work of discovering the valuable chemical.
A. made for
B. set out
C. took off
D. turned up
【答案】B. 句意：自从这位科学家开始从事发现有价值的化学品的工作以来，已经十年了。make for前往；take off起飞；脱下；匆匆离开；turn up出现；查（字典）；开大（声音）。
- · John was late for the business meeting because his flight had been _____ by a heavy storm.
- · The meeting drew to a ______ late in the afternoon.
- · The above mentioned reactions are ______ to proceed smoothly.
- · John regretted _____ to the meeting last week.
- · The great use of a school education is _____ to teach you things _____ teach you the art of learning.
- · He preferred that nothing _____ be said about his generous gifts.
- · 学位英语词汇练习：This is what you should bear in mind: Don't _____ a salary increase before you actually get it.
- · As is known to all, color-blind people often find it difficult to _____ between red and green.
- · The ship's generator broke down, and the pumps had to be operated _____ instead of mechanically.
- · 学位英语考前冲刺模拟：The little girl was so frightened that she just wouldn't _____ her grip on my arm.